As your body ages, your skin loses some of its elasticity. In other words, it doesn’t “snap” back into place quite as easily when you pinch it or pull it, and gravity’s effects become more and more visible. This can result in some sagging, some drooping, and some jowling, to say nothing or prominent wrinkles and creases.
There are a number of treatment options for skin laxity, including surgical and non-surgical methods alike. As you consider non-surgical options, we recommend that you check out laser skin tightening. Here’s a quick overview of this popular procedure.
What is Laser Skin Tightening?
This procedure involves carefully controlled emissions of laser light, which are used to stimulate and heat collagen. When heated, collagen “restricts,” which causes the skin to tighten.
Laser skin tightening also known as laser skin resurfacing is a popular procedure because it’s non-invasive, it can be used almost anywhere on the body, and it often produces immediate and long-lasting results.
Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Tighten the Skin?
Of course, the main reason why laser skin tightening is so popular is that it really works. Specifically, it can produce tighter, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin, helping to restore some of that lost elasticity. And because it works by producing naturally occurring substances such as collagen and elastin, the results always look beautiful and realistic.
Some specific advantages of laser skin tightening include:
- Almost everyone can be a candidate. Laser technology has evolved to the point where there are modalities available to suit every skin type.
- You can target problem areas across your body. Laser skin tightening can be directed to your jowls, double chin, loose skin on your stomach or buttocks… you name it!
- Laser skin tightening is FDA-approved. When administered by a trained professional, laser skin tightening is very safe.
- There is minimal downtime. While laser skin tightening may result in minor symptoms such as redness and peeling, patients are usually able to go right back to their normal activities.
Can Laser Lighten Your Skin Long-Term?
One of the most common questions we hear about laser skin tightening is how long it will last. For most patients, the effects of laser skin tightening last for a number of years. And there are certain steps you can take to sustain your results.
Some specific tips for maintaining your results include:
- Protect your skin any time you’re in the sun.
- Eat a nutritious diet and stay properly hydrated.
- Avoid smoking.
- Talk with a skincare expert about developing a personalized skincare routine.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Laser Skin Tightening?
Laser skin tightening can be used virtually anywhere on the body, and for virtually all skin types, which means that most of our patients qualify. With that said, it may be helpful to compare the benefits of laser skin tightening with other skin tightening procedures, including BodyTite, FaceTite, Morpheus8, and Plasma Pen. All three of these procedures use radiofrequency (RF) energy to stimulate collagen production and can produce results similar to what you’d get with laser skin tightening.
When you schedule a consultation at CAMI, we’ll walk you through the options and help you determine which option is best for your needs.
Learn More About Laser Skin Tightening
Sooner or later, most of us begin noticing the effects of sagging skin. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for addressing this problem, including non-surgical facelift alternatives, such as laser skin tightening.
We’re pleased to offer this safe and effective treatment to our patients in the Charlotte and Huntersville, NC areas, and invite you to learn more. Contact us to schedule a consultation appointment with one of our providers at CAMI.