Permanent Makeup – Huntersville & Greensboro
What permanent makeup services do we offer?
- Powder brows- Powder brows, also known as ombre brows, is a semi-permanent tattoo technique used to create fullness and define brow shape with a soft “powdery” shading. Differs from microblading in that there are no “hair like strokes.”
- Lip Blushing- a semi-permanent tattoo on the lips to help define borders, even lip tone/color and create the illusion of more youthful looking lips.
- Lash enhancement- invisible eyeliner, and it involves tattooing an ultra-thin black line along the lash line to create the illusion of fuller, darker lashes for a natural, eye-opening effect.
How long does permanent makeup last?
Unlike traditional tattoos where actual inks are deposited into the skin, permanent makeup is done with cosmetic pigments which do fade over time. There are several different factors that can affect how quickly the fading process can happen including skin care, sun or UV exposure and skin type. With annual touch-ups, permanent makeup can stay looking beautiful for many years and without touch-ups it can last, with natural fading, anywhere from 3-5 years.
Is permanent makeup painful?
Everyone’s pain tolerance is different and that comes into play with tattooing procedures. The goal is to keep every patient as comfortable as possible during the treatment. Numbing is applied before the start of the tattooing and throughout the duration of the appointment to keep pain at a minimum but some discomfort is always possible.
Is there any reason I couldn’t receive permanent makeup?
Unfortunately there are a few contraindications that would exclude you from being a candidate for these services.
- People with diabetes
- People with serious conditions such as cancer, epilepsy or autoimmune disorders
- People with any bleeding disorders
- People who take blood thinning medications
- People who’ve recently had Botox injections or fillers
- Pregnant women or women who are nursing
- People with a history of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- People with viral infections or diseases
- People who are going through chemotherapy
- People with skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area
What does the treatment for permanent makeup look like?
Step 1: Mapping and outlining of the area to be tattooed (excluding lash enhancement which cannot be pre-drawn.) This step is done so that you are able to have an idea of what the finished product will look like. Face shape and features are always taken into consideration when creating the shape of your brows or lips. Eye shape is taken into consideration when doing a lash enhancement procedure. All permanent makeup is customized to compliment the individual’s face and desired outcome.
Step 2: Choosing the color that is right for you! A professional opinion is given when choosing a color for the specific treatment but it will always be a team effort to accomplish the look you’re wanting.
Step 3: Numbing! A topical lidocaine is used to numb the area prior to the beginning of the service. Throughout the service you will be numbed with a secondary numbing to keep you as comfortable as possible.
Step 4: Time for tattooing! A tattoo machine with a sterile needle is used to implant pigment into the area of permanent makeup. Several passes will be made over the area to insure proper pigmentation and coverage.
Step 5: Touch-up in 6-8 weeks. This appointment is necessary to receive the desired outcome as pigment may not take in certain areas during the healing process and some color/shape adjustments may need to be made.
What is the healing process like?
All areas will be swollen for the first day or two. That should subside and then the scabbing process will begin and last for 5-7 days.
- Never touch your healing area with your fingers unless they are completely clean. They may contain bacteria that you don’t want to get on your eyebrow area
- Do not scratch, rub, pick or peel the healing skin. Allow it to flake off on its own as this is the healthiest way.
- Try to avoid getting your eyebrows wet.
- Do not use any anti-aging products, especially those that contain Lactic acids or Glycolic acids, as it will fade your eyebrow area.
- Clean them with a cotton pad and a little bit of water after every meal but avoid getting your lips really wet.
- Don’t wear any makeup for a week.
- Avoid spicy food. It is also recommended to take beverages on a straw and avoid food for two days.
- Do not rub, scratch and peel the area.
- Don’t expose your lips to the sun, hot tubs, tanning beds, saunas, swimming pools
- You will be experiencing “Dry healing” on the area. This means no water on the area for a minimum of 10 days. This includes sweating. When showering or washing your face, please make sure water is not running into the eyes. You can use oil free facial wipes to wash your face, just make sure you are avoiding the eye area.
- No eye makeup for 10 days.
- No scratching or removal of scabs, dry skin/flakiness. This can result in loss of color.
- No swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 14 days.