Have you heard about utilizing fillers for anti-aging effects? Everyone wants to look their best, but for many, surgery is not ideal. Using fillers as part of your anti-aging regimen can take years off your face without the need for excessive downtime or recovery. There are a wide variety of injectable, anti-aging fillers on the market today. At CAMI Med Spa, we offer anti-aging fillers in Charlotte NC at our Huntersville, NC office located in Birkdale Village.
Overview of Anti-Aging Fillers
If you’re new to dermal fillers, it may be helpful to start with a brief overview.
When we talk about fillers, we’re talking about medications that are injected into target areas of your face. Most anti-aging fillers are made with hyaluronic acid or similar substances, which produce a natural “plumping” effect. As such, fillers can be used to literally “fill in” wrinkles, creases, and fine lines. And, fillers can be used to plump up areas where you have lost volume, whether that’s your cheeks, lips, or elsewhere.
Anti-aging fillers are specifically targeted toward eliminating visible signs of age, such as wrinkles. They are a popular option because they do not require any surgical intervention or anesthesia, and they do not have a prolonged recovery time.
The downside? Fillers are temporary. Depending on the patient and the type of filler, you may experience results for anywhere from half a year to a full two years. Through ongoing “touch-ups” or maintenance doses, you can extend the effects of your anti-aging fillers.
What are the Best Anti-Aging Fillers?
There are a number of anti-aging fillers to choose from, and ultimately what works for one patient may not work as well for the next. As such, it’s always important to meet with an experienced medical professional to get an individualized treatment recommendation.
With that said, here are some of the most popular options for fillers with anti-aging effects.
- JUVÉDERM® – If you are looking to restore facial volume for a smoother, more youthful appearance, JUVÉDERM® could be right for you. JUVÉDERM® fights aging by using hyaluronic acid to plump up areas of the face that may have diminished over time. JUVÉDERM® treatments are often concentrated on the cheeks, lips, and nasolabial folds, decreasing lines and wrinkles and reducing the appearance of imperfections.
- JUVÉDERM Voluma® – If you feel your face has begun to take on a sunken or hollow appearance, JUVÉDERM Voluma® could be the answer. JUVÉDERM Voluma® contains hyaluronic acid, which our bodies make less of as we age. JUVÉDERM Voluma® not only returns volume to your face but also contributes to a moist, radiant complexion. It’s ideal for areas that need a lot of structured support, such as in the cheeks or temples.
- Restylane® – Restylane® is a line of facial injection products that reduces moderate to severe wrinkles and folds by restoring volume to the face. By plumping certain areas of the face, Restylane® reduces the appearance of folds and imperfections. Restylane® is especially successful in the treatment of nasolabial folds.
- JUVÉDERM® Vollure™ – Vollure™ is a filler from the JUVÉDERM® family of injectables. It contains hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin that helps our faces maintain their youthful appearance. Vollure™ is particularly well suited to treat moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, expression lines around the mouth, and also smoker’s lines around the mouth.
Other Anti-Aging and Anti-Wrinkle Injectables
If you’d like to explore some alternatives to these injectables, there are a few other anti-aging treatments worth considering. For example:
- Fat Transfer / Injections – Fat transfer or fat injections is the process of taking fat from one part of the body and injecting it into another with the goal of restoring volume. Most often, the fat is taken from an area of the body where it is undesirable (commonly the stomach or back), and is injected anywhere that needs a little plumping. With this procedure, there is no risk of allergic reaction as the fat is taken from the patient’s body.
- Kybella® – Kybella® is the only prescription injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of a “double chin.” Injected just under the skin, Kybella® works to break up fat to create a well-defined jaw line and a longer, leaner neck.
To learn more about these or other injectable options, we invite you to schedule a consultation here at Carolina Age Management Institute.
Learn More About Anti-Aging Fillers in Charlotte, NC
Our practice is committed to the best anti-aging treatments for our patients, spanning both plastic surgical solutions as well as non-invasive options, like injectable fillers.
If you are considering facial injections we would recommend the next step of scheduling a consultation with Dr. Giordano about your unique needs. Whether you are looking to smooth wrinkles or restore facial volume, we likely have a solution that works for you. Contact us to schedule a consultation today here at Carolina Age Management Institute.